Augusta County GOP Party Canvas to elect RPV Delegates
18 Government Center Lane
COUNTY OF AUGUSTA OFFICIAL CALL
Party Canvass of the Augusta County Republican Committee – Republican Party of Virginia.
As Chairman of the Augusta County Republican Committee, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, David Bourne, do hereby issue this call for a Party Canvass to be held at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, Virginia, 24482, from 10am until 5pm local time on Saturday, April 17, 2021 for the following purposes:
- a) Electing Delegates to the State Convention, to be held on May 8, 2021 at the location(s) set forth by the Sixth Congressional District Committee, beginning at 9:00 AM for the purposes of nominating candidates for the offices of Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General.
- b) Filing Requirements for the nomination or election at said canvass shall file a written statement by mail or in person, to David Bourne, Chairman, Augusta County Republican Committee PO Box 430, Verona, VA 24482, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which must be received not later than 5:00 PM on Friday April 16, 2021, postmark does not govern.
- c) If no person to be elected files for an office, then no names for office will be included on the canvass.
- d) If fewer candidates for delegate are qualified by the Credentials Committee than allowed by the State Party Plan, for the County of Augusta, those delegates shall be determined to be elected and the Party Canvass may be cancelled.
- e) Filing forms may be obtained by sending an email to (email@example.com).
- f) Voters in the Canvass must do so in person. No proxies or absentee balloting allowed.
- g) There will be no registration fee to participate in this canvass.
Paid for and Authorized by the Augusta County Republican Committee
2021 State Convention Delegate Filing Form Unit: ______________________________________________ Deadline: ______________________________________________
If these fields are not pre-populated by your unit, you can look up the deadline and filing location on the RPV website at virginia.gop/2021-nomination
To assist the delegate certification process, please provide your Voter Number and your Name and Address as they appear on your voter record. You can find your Voter Number and check your voter registration information at vote.elections.virginia.gov, using the “Check registration status” feature, or consult your Voter Registration Card.
Voter Name:* ______________________________________________________
(as it appears on your voter registration)
Voter Number:* ______________________________________________________ Registered Address:* ______________________________________________________
(as it appears on your voter registration, including street, unit number, city, and zip code)
E-mail Address:* ______________________________________________________
Phone Number:* _______________________ Phone Type:* ____________
An asterisk “*” denotes required information.
By my signature below I certify that I am in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and that I will support its nominees in the November 2, 2021 General Election.
Paid for by Republican Party of Virginia, Inc. (https://virginia.gop/)